7 Top Social Media Tips for Real Estate Agents

Real estate marketing is constantly changing. Now that the world has gone digital, real estate agents must head online to marketing their properties and their brand. Social media, in particular, is a great option to connect with clients and prospects, spread the word about your listings, and build trust.

Not sure how to get started? Here are some must-know tips that will get you on your way.

1. Join Multiple Sites

There are dozens of different social media sites online today, but that doesn’t mean you need to join every single one. Instead, choose a handful that you know your audience uses, and focus on being active on those. Some of the most important sites you’ll want to join include Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, and YouTube.

2. Use Visuals

Today, social media is more visual than ever before. Photos and videos help you attract people to your posts. At the very least, make sure every post has a photo attached. Video is even better and can help you showcase your listings in an effective way, particularly on Instagram, YouTube, and Facebook. Video marketing is constantly becoming more popular, so it shouldn’t be ignored.

3. Use Social Media to Check out the Competition

If you’re not sure how you should be using social media or if you don’t know that you’re using it to its fullest, take some time to snoop around. Visit the profiles of your competition to see what they’re doing right and what they’re doing wrong. You may be able to generate marketing ideas or fill gaps where the competition is failing, so you can come out ahead.

4. Use Share Buttons

To ensure your listings are shared far and wide online, ensure every property has a share option for Facebook, Twitter, and other social media sites. People visiting your website and viewing your listings will be able to share the properties with their friends and family, helping you effortlessly spread the word and increase your potential for sales.

5. Don’t Post Solely in Your Self-Interest

It can be tempting to focus all your efforts on posting listings to generate sales. However, if you only post in your own self-interest, people will stop caring. They may even unfollow you. Use the 80/20 rule. Only post listings 20% of the time. The other 80% of the time, post content about your customer interests.

Keep your fans interested and engaged by posting about the community, the neighbourhood, the city culture, and more. You might also want to post tips on buying a home, post contests, and more. Give your fans something to care about.

6. Use Ads

Social media marketing is free, but you shouldn’t limit yourself. You can and should also take advantage of social media advertising. These days, you can get very specific about the audience you want to target and even which geographic target market you want to focus on, ensuring your ads get the best results. Ads can help you sell properties faster.

7. Use Automation

You’re busy. You’re out of the office most of the day showing properties. You may not have enough time to post on multiple social media platforms multiple times a day. Fortunately, you don’t have to. You can use real estate CRM to automatically post from your blog and you can schedule your social media posts ahead of time, so you don’t have to worry about this task every day.

In this day and age, using social media marketing is a must for real estate agents. If you haven’t started using this strategy yet, now’s the time. These seven tips will help you get started and maximize the results you get.

You Might Also Like