6 Most Popular Misconceptions About Personal Injury Claims
So you’re lying in the bed with one or both of your legs high in the air tied to the bed with the help of a sling and you are in an awful amount of pain but all you can think about is how will your insurance cover all the expenses that your recovery, from the accident that you just had, will cost? Does the above situation ring a bell to you? If yes, do you know what you absolutely, undoubtedly need to do? You need to hire a personal injury lawyers Toronto.
Insurance, non-arguably, is a good option to cover the expenses. But it isn’t the best option either. Some myths about personal injury claims that float around in the society sandbag a lot of people from getting the best that they actually can. This is where the role of the personal injury claims lawyer Toronto to show you light at the end of the tunnel comes in.
Some of the misconceptions are listed below:
1. You and Your Insurance Can Handle It: Umm.. Actually you can’t. Let’s see it this way-you will make a claim when you are injured due to any mishaps that may have happened. You are injured and totally at the mercy of your insurance provider. Let’s be honest here. They are businessmen and the sole aim of business today is to mint money. So chances of getting what you really deserve are slim to be frank. Personal injury lawyer, on the hand, do charge you as well but also make sure that you get all the money and resources you deserve.
2. Hiring a Lawyer Will Burn a Hole in Your Pocket: Lawyers are professional people. They do get paid for the job they get done but they make sure they do everything to value the money you’ve spent for their services. But that doesn’t, in any way, mean that they would take with them whatever you have. Rather, in severe cases, injury claim attorney proves to be a great help in bagging the case in your favor.
3. It’s Immoral to Make a Claim: Greed, being one of the severe sins, is something we should always keep out of our systems. You have to understand that when you make an injury claim it’s not about you being greedy rather It’s about you standing up for the justice you absolutely deserve. You don’t need to feel guilty for claiming what is justifiable.
4. All Claims Reach the Court: This is one of the most common misconceptions. Nobody likes to visit courts. That’s one malady that we all really want to keep away from our lives, as far as possible. In some injury cases, it gets necessary to go to the court to seek justice. But that’s not always the case. Some cases are settled without knocking the doors of the court and that too justifiably. Thanks to personal injury lawyers Toronto!
5. The Window Period to Make Claims is Very Small: That can be true for a lot of cases. But the misconception that needs to be clarified here is that this is not true for every injury case that has ever existed. For some, the period within which you can make a claim runs up to 3 years! That’s a long, long time!
6. You Can Make a Claim Only If You Are Physically Injured: Another one of the biggest misconceptions. Injury can be physical or mental. On a moral scale, damaging someone psychologically is far worse than doing the same physically. But it’s not just about morality. Injury claims take this fact into account too!
Surviving an injury in itself is a painful process. Handling claims and getting results out of them that are justifiable in those harsh times can become overwhelming. They mostly do. Personal injury attorneys are there to ease that pain. It’s better to give them a chance than to lose it all!